Monday, June 6, 2011

1

"Hello?"

The skies were full of gray as the storm clouds from overhead crashed down upon me. I looked down at my reflection in the muddy water. A pale face covered in tears and mud stared back. To compliment the appearance was a dingy white dress covered in blood. Not mine but someone else's. I looked around for help but all I could see was darkness. Not the kind of a chilly winter night but of one filled with monsters hidden in the depths of it just waiting to attack.

From behind me I could here a voice of a woman screaming. She was in so much pain that I wanted to help here but in this darkness even that was impossible. Still that didn't stop me. Getting up from the dirty ground I dusted of my knees and chased after the voice. I must have chased it for hours since first hearing it but it finally seemed as if I was right there.
"Just behind the darkness." I kept telling myself."Just behind the darkness."

Pushing through the tough wall of darkness I was surprised to find that it was a young woman, a girl in late teens with long black hair and pale skin that mirrored her own.
"Um excuse me are you okay mam?" I questioned. To my surprise there was no response. I tried again. "Excuse me miss are you alright." Still no answer.
Well alright, if you wont answer me than I just have to check you out for myself.

Being brave I turned the woman onto her side, strands of hair falling from her face. "Aah!" I staggered back in horror. The screaming woman was me!

"Lady Matilda! Lady Matilda!" Opening my eyes, I realized that it had all been a dream. Thankful I stared up at Esteban, a worried look on his face.
"Lady Matilda are you okay.?"

"Yes I'm fine."  I tried to put on my biggest best smile for him. Thankfully it worked. Pleased, he turned around in his seat and drove up to the front of the house.


I stared outside the at the place that I for years had called home.       

1 comment:

  1. Even without the pictures, I would have been able to see what is happening. You write your descriptions well!

    I'm off to read the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete